Tuesday, February 19, 2008

POWER GONE....

What do you do when the power goes and you are home alone with a 20 month old, being Susana, and a 2 month old, being Abner Daniel. It was around 5:30 p.m., not knowing for how long the power would be gone for, we decided to make the most out of it. We got some candles, then the flashlight, and then all of the toys that had some kind of lights on them. For the two and a half hours we played in the dark until it was bedtime. Susana loved it. I was grateful once it was bedtime, but it was fun and each family should have a play-in-the-dark playtime once in a while. It was also a night that the Lord showed me to just enjoy days as they come. May we all enjoy them just the way they are.

3 comments:

Lula! said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for a new post that I can't even comment on the whole power outage situation. I mean, sorry it happened, glad y'all had a fun time anyway...and all. But wahoo--a new post!!!! Keep on blogging, girl...we miss you! And I LOVE YOU!

Sarah P. said...

My boys were disappointed last week when everyone we know lost power, except for us...but I think the play in the dark night will be a great way to fill one of those nights after a long day and wondering what to do to make it til' bedtime?
I wish me and the boys could have been there to play.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Yah Kelley is back again. That is so fun that you made the power outage and fun experience for little Sus. I bet she loved it