Saturday, September 22, 2007

TRUSTING MY HUSBAND.


Sometimes as a woman, the Lord calls us to trust our husband’s even when we don’t feel like it’s the right thing, and when we do, we glorify Him.

Without having the internet or the television, we had no idea that there was a hurricane predicted to be hit Honduras and was supposedly heading straight towards us. My mom was the first to call to notify us, then Abner’s brother, then my mom again. Their advice was to go further inland, but after hearing their advice, Abner sought the Lord and he felt that the Lord wanted us to stay in our house. Psalms16 became a confirmation for Abner that the Lord would keep us safe. As Abner was in prayer seeking the Lord about all of this, I had my mind set that we would go back to the old house, which we are still renting for the use of the church, and wait for the hurricane to pass. As we all came together for breakfast that morning, Abner told me that He felt we were to stay. My heart immediately lost it’s peace. I have never wrestled with trusting the Lord through Abner’s decisions before, but this time was hard. As I was questioning Abner about how he felt that the Lord had led him to his decision, the Lord brought to mind the example of Lot’s wife as they were leaving Sodom and Gomorrah. Instead of keeping her eyes forward, “to follow her husband” she looked back and turned into a pillar of salt. I knew at that moment that I needed to trust my husband. All day the enemy kept trying to steal my peace about staying, but returning to Psalm 16, the Lord would bring peace. The night that the hurricane was supposed to hit, Abner, Susana, and I all rested sooo peacefully. I didn’t wake up once. The next morning the hurricane hovered over Nicaragua and never entered Honduras as a hurricane. We praise the Lord for His protection, and I praise the Lord for a husband who seeks the Lord’s face and is willing to stay put when the Lord asks him too. Thanks to all who were praying for us during that time.


*May I continue to trust my husband, as our daughter does, as he leads our family according to the Lord´s will.

No comments: